I don’t think I’m wrong in saying that every participant left from Lucidity Festival with a renewed lust for life and a nourished spirit. Together we breathed new and unique energy into those woods and together we co-created something so magical and beautiful, it was almost surreal. Synchronicity abound, the weekend was full to the brim with soul warming connections, jaw dropping art, and formulaic chaos like none other.
I went into the weekend with no expectations and was blown away by the result. This year I experimented by focusing more on the overall experience rather than concentrating mainly on musical acts. I truly enjoyed cruising from one space to the next and being welcomed and immersed in the different vibes of each respective village. I also abstained from alcoholic beverages and was very pleased with having a clear mind to soak in the totality of the splendor around me. I highly recommend staying sober at a festival; your experience will be so much more mindful and memorable. While the festival sold out, Lucidity really felt intimate. Perhaps it was the sense of inclusion and participation in the air that made me feel this way. Our nurturing and talented family surrounded us all.
Here were some of the most memorable moments for me…
• Starting the weekend off with The Rainbow Girls was excellent; these girls embody the female essence in such a strong and positive way. They had just the right ratio amount of bubbliness and badassery; the whole crowd was beaming from ear to ear.
• The Opening Ceremony was absolutely incredible; everyone there was glowing and I could feel the presence of each participant uniting to bless each other, the land, and themselves. Astarius Miraculii’s performance of his Spirit Rap was beautiful. There was an aura of such peace and tranquility I will never forget. I remember thinking to myself, “THIS is what it is all about.” It was a beautiful way to begin the weekend and set things off just right.
• Later that night my favorite performances were by 2NUTZ and Haywyre. Coloradan duo 2NUTZ was a great transition into night time; everyone pulled on their dancing shoes and got down to their glitched out bass. Haywyre’s melodic dub was a treat; I was stoked to see him live for the first time.
• Heart Centered Vinyasa Flow with Kishan Shah on Saturday morning was exactly what I needed to rejuvenate and prepare me for the wonderful day. Music was soulfully provided by one of my all-time favorites, The Human Experience. Does it get much better than this? Following the deep stretches, Kishan led us in an experiment wherein everyone had to be touching at least one other person at all times, but everyone was in constant movement. It was truly beautiful and each and every participant was full of smiles and unforgettable giggles. This was such a beautiful moment and any adverse feelings were lifted off of our chests!
• For the rest of the day I wandered amongst the different villages and made connections with lovely people. I loved mingling at the Healer’s Sanctuary; the vibe was unparalleled. I got caught up with the Yosef Stone’s Crystal Council meeting, chatted about essential oils, and was mesmerized while watching Astarius Miraculii provide didgeridoo healing transmissions.
• SpinCycles’ Warriors’ Dayparty was a lot of fun; JOBOT, ChrisB., Morillo, and some other talented DJs performed some really fun sets. Overall amazing vibe!
• Later on Saturday Digital Rust and Tipper both provided brain melting gooey goodness that pleased all. I don’t think there was a single person having a bad time in that crowd!
• On Sunday our camp hosted a Pancakes & Mimosas Brunch (more like lunch as it started a bit later) at the Lunatic Fringe. We really enjoyed providing yummy nourishment (pancake + nutella + berries, anyone?) and libations for all. Our friend was playing at the Jenkstars stage so lots of booty shakin’ was to be had.
• Trevor Kelly’s set on Sunday afternoon at the Audiowaska Stage was truly one for the books and some of the most fun I had all weekend. Nothing compares to an all-original set and Trevor put so much love and energy into this experience that was enjoyed by all. It was a treat getting a sneak peak of his new project Pacific Standard, comprised of Trevor and rapper Ro-Knew. PWest also spit some rhymes which was fun. It was a rager and we were all getting down in the front; every time I looked around I saw smiles for miles and I felt the most supreme vitality in mine and the crowd’s being. What a wonderful celebration of life!
After the weekend I felt invigorated and ready for a coastal road camping trip with my lover (whom I met at Lucidity 2013). I will never forget Lucidity’s endless moments of bliss and harmony; the woods will forever resound with our remarkable presence. I am so grateful for this experience!